Tuesday 20 September 2016

Single Seat

"Two tickets for the matinee please."
"I think we're still sold out, but I'll just double check for you. How many tickets are you looking for?"

It's been a fruitless search for days, weeks even, to try to find any available seats for this show. So, it's a little bit of a pleasure to see we've had one become available. And a little less to know that they need two.

"Unfortunately, we've only got one single seat available."
"Oh, and where would that be?"

They seem a little too excited, but I point it out on the seating plan, being sure to stress again that we have just one single place left.

"Is the one next to it free?"
"No, as I've explained, we just have the one single seat remaining."
"And do you have two of them?"

At this point I have to restrain myself from asking if they think "single seat" means that it's in the "unmarried section", but instead just solemnly inform them that today s not their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment