Wednesday 12 October 2016

Future Show

Allow me to set the scene for you- it's a small theatre, just before the start of our second show of the day, and the place is at this point heaving with customers. There's a queue stretching most of the way across the foyer that is made up of people waiting to collect tickets for this performance. Every single one of these customers has, to some degree or another, their head in the clouds.

Seeing as their heads are also stuck firmly up their own arses, these are some impressive contortionists.

"I want to collect tickets under this name."

I can see by their account that tonight's tickets have already been printed, but they aren't in the collections tray. Busy as we are, I decide not to care enough to ask questions.

"Here you go."
"These are tonight's tickets."
"Yes."
"We already have these. We want to collect tickets for the show three months from now."

Staring hard, I try my very best to make her combust with my mind alone. No dice, for the reasons I then outlined.

"You might need to tell us that kind of information in future. We can't divine this kind of information with psychic powers. There's a show starting in 9 minutes, and a foyer filled with people queuing to collect tickets for it. We don't read minds. It's not in our skill set."

Apparently I shouldn't lecture customers anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment